Tuesday 2 September 2014

Mondrian nails

Ok so this was supposed to be my 'black and white' mani for British nail bloggers last week! Clearly that didn't happen....I did do it on Sunday so technically had time but then the idea of posting was effort haha. Oh well it's not really that Black and White anyway lol.

So, moving on. I've been wanting to do something like this for ages. I have a soft spot for Mondrian's work and it seemed like something that would translate well to nails. Of course I'm not the first person to think that by any means as quick search for 'Mondrian nails' on Google or pinterest will show you!

I'm quite happy with how they turned out really though. I was concerned cos I'm really not artistic in the slightest....even though it's only straight lines and blocks of colour I was worried about getting the balance totally wrong. That and trying to colour in with shaky hands :p. So yea, pleased with myself for stepping out of my comfort zone... even if it's very simple by most people's standards!

So anyway, enough blabbering here are some pics. And I promise, promise, promise to be on time with my neon nails this week! Do check out the talented folk over at British nail bloggers by clicking on the tab at the top of the page (I think?). X

No comments:

Post a Comment