Monday 17 February 2014

Practice makes perfect- gradient

I'm back, did you miss me? Lol. I need to start posting again, blogging is good for me. Allowing myself to wallow in the black sludge of cba-ness really isn't.
So anyway. I said at the start of the year that I wanted to work on perfecting some staple techniques this year. Particularly thinking about stamping, water marble and gradients. My stamping is improving slowly....it's still scruffy but it's starting to look almost passable on most occasions. Water marble I tried once she's all and I haven't quite dared to attempt it again yet.
So gradients. I've tried several gradients. Somehow they never quite turn out right. I dunno if it's the colours I choose or the specific polishes or my technique... They just always turn out way too subtle. As in pretty much invisible lol. Maybe I need to try something really clashing. Anyway this one does actually look a little more obvious irl. It's tarastalons hope, a bright blue holo and blending into the purple of color club Let's talk. I'm reasonably happy with how the gradient works and actually several people have remarked that they look nice but maybe the blue in Let's talk makes it a bit too close. I dunno. But like I say it does look a bit better in the flesh so to speak.
I might try to do posts like this more often...I just can't face the clean up lol. X

No comments:

Post a Comment