Wednesday 2 April 2014

Autism awareness day

...and month, actually.
Autism is....complicated. They call our a spectrum disorder because everyone's experience is unique (which, let's face it, is true of any illness, or indeed life in general so why should autism be any different?).
The national autistic society state on their website that over 1 in 100 people in Britain have an autistic spectrum. This includes high functioning individuals (those with Asperger's syndrome for example) as well as those who are profoundly disabled. They define autism as:
'A lifelong developmental disability that affects how a person communicates with, and relates to, other people. It also affects how they make sense of the world around them'.

I don't want to prattle on about something which, again, I don't know much about (I don't know much about much, frankly). I have Asperger's friends who could no doubt give you an insight...But that's their story and definitely not mine to tell!

Which leaves us with the nails. Blue because, well, that's the whole point and jigsaw because that's also related to autism awareness (and is what I always think of). The blue is tarastalons March on (a prototype talons subscription polish). Having used the holo I thought the jigsaw would look odd in plain cremes so I found some shimmers. Turns out most of my shimmers are also tarastalons as the red, green and yellow are bon bons, toy train and sandcastles respectively.... and all from tarastalons lol oops. The black is a tarastalons nail art pen I got for Christmas... Are you seeing a theme? I'm genuinely obsessed! And tarastalons/thetaraemporium is 1 this month so toddle over to thetaraemporium to join the celebrations. I only have two pics (which luckily I took for social media purposes) because I removed it before photographing... doh! X

No comments:

Post a Comment